MGFX Graphics Library for C++ version 0.9 BETA 1
What's so great about MGFX anyway?
In my personal experience, I've had the chance to work with several professional GFX libraries and I've noticed the same thing about most of them: they try to do too much! MGFX is designed to be simple and easy to use. I wanted a graphics library that didn't have all the fluf and take up as much space as all of the others, and yet would have the fuctionality that I needed to get the job done. I wanted a graphics library that was easy to maintain and whose functions I could understand intuitively without bitfields or special defines to remember. I wrote MGFX for myself.
MGFX was developed across several compilers and the core library is totaly portable to any platform. It's also fast. It easily generates 60+ FPS in Dos at 640x480 resolution. Run the test programs if you don't believe me. And best of all it comes with full source code.
- 256 color
- Transparent and Opaque Blitting w/ cliping.
- Compiled Sprite bliting w/ clipping.
- Supports read/write operations with PCX, SPR, RAW, MOX, PAL file formats. (SPR, RAW, MOX, and PAL are proprietary formats)
- Font blitting.
- Shadowed Fonts.
- DirectX Support.
- Line Drawing.
- Palette manipulation.
- Compilers currently supported: Borland C++ 5.0(Win32), C++Builder(Win32), DJGPP (Dos32).
- Certain image height/width combinations cause compiled sprites not to be created properly from IMAGE data structures.
- The ColorCube class doesn't really work.
Download MGFX beta 1 in zip format. (288K)
Download MGFX beta 1 with Install Shield(tm) installation. (898K)